Update and a Freebie!


It's been a while since I last blogged. I had some health issues that are now taken care of and I am recovered. I have been posting pics here and there on Instagram so at least I haven't completely gotten away from sharing what's been going on in my classroom. This week will be a crazy week. First up is a field trip to the IMAX to see a 3D movie called Under The Sea. The kids of course are pumped about it and it should be a fun time tomorrow.

Friday is Halloween and this is the first year we've had a full day for it. Since we have a school parade in the morning, I've pretty much settled on the idea that there won't be any new learning going on that day. I planned a big chunk of time for the kids to play October themed math games. I've rounded up a few I found online and created one of my own. It's called Candy Corn Wipeout. The object of the game is to be the first to wipe out all the candy corn from the board while adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing. It's a freebie if you'd like to play it too! Just click on the picture.



We've been working hard on understanding multiplication so I just updated my More and More Multiplication Fun Pack so we can play the games to practice. I will be doing a blog post on that soon but if you already own it, make sure to download it again. Click on the picture to get to the file in my store.



I always love to hear new ideas for teaching on a holiday like Halloween. What do you do at your school to keep your sanity?