Monday, November 14, 2011

Disguise-A-Turkey Project

Oh wow! I haven't posted in a loooong time! I didn't expect the beginning of the year to be so busy and exhausting. I really want to get back to blogging more regularly. Thanksgiving is next week and I love this time of year. So many fun things to incorporate into the curriculum. Last week I sent home the Disguise-A-Turkey project. Now this was not my original idea. I believe it came from Proteacher. Basically the kids have to disguise their turkey so it won't be eaten for Thanksgiving. Then they have to write what their "turkey" really is and persuade us otherwise. I've gotten some creative ones over the years and here are a couple I've gotten this year.


He added some leaves for the turkey's feathers.
He didn't completely disguise his turkey
but I love his creativity!

I would have never thought of using
doll clothes! So cute!


I have included the letter I sent home along with the turkey and writing templates I used. I usually print the turkey out on white cardstock so it's sturdier. I included the original primary writing template that I had and the new one I created for older kids. You can send this home or it would be a great project to work on if you have only a couple days of school next week. (I just have to say that I have the whole week off!)

 I will post more pictures later in the week when more are turned in!

 Disguise-A-Turkey Project Letter                      

Turkey and Primary Writing Templates   
                                 


0 comments:

Post a Comment