Monday, July 25, 2011

My New Year's Resolution

Clutter- Free Classroom is having a new school year resolution linky party and I definitely have a couple of resolutions. My first resolution is to use the Desk Apprentice in a more productive way. Do you know what a Desk Apprentice is? Its this lovely contraption from Staples:



Staples The Desk Apprentice Rotating Desk Organizer

I really love mine but have not used it in a way that makes it beneficial to have the huge thing on my desk. The Apprentice holds things like my lesson plan binder, student records, notepads, pens, and stapler. Anything I need to have at my finger tips. Alot of teachers have come in my room and were amazed how clean my desk was. If they only knew.... because sometimes the organizer can be a dumping ground for any paper that may land on my desk which defeats its purpose.

 My other resolution is to organize my math games by the 3 big ideas and supporting ideas that our math curriculum is organized by. I am also going to try and adapt Debbie Diller's Math Stations to third grade. I'll have to look back on this post next year and see if I followed through with my resolutions!



2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I have thought and thought about buying one of these. It looks awesome!

Marlene said...

You should get one! So worth the cost.

Post a Comment