Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Favorite Children's Author

Today is day 3 of Clutter-Free Classroom's week long linky party. Today's topic is not easy. Choosing a favorite children's author is like asking a mother to choose her favorite child. Okay, maybe not, but it is still difficult. I LOVE children's books and have tons in my classroom. One of my favorite children's authors is Judy Blume. I loved reading her books as a kid and now read them to my students. Every year we read the Fudge series. Like a lot of Judy's books, they are hilarious and the kids can really relate to the characters in the books. Who hasn't been frustrated with a younger sibling or had to deal with an annoying neighbor? Every time I read a Judy Blume book, the kids are begging to borrow it after I am done reading it to them.

Here are some of my favorites:


2 comments:

Teresa said...

My students usually go nuts after I read Andrew Clements or C.S. Lewis. I think next year I am going to read Ivy and Bean by Annie Barrows too. I think that is a nice range for the kids!

Marlene said...

Teresa I love Andrew Clements books too! I have Ivy and Bean in my library but have never read it.

Post a Comment